Is Identity Guard the right security product for protecting your sensitive information in this age of rampant identity theft?
Our Identity Guard Review will answer this question by telling you what security features this product offers, how much it’ll cost you, and more.
Table of Contents:
- What Is Identity Guard?
- How Does Identity Guard Work?
- Identity Guard Security Features
- How Much Does Identity Guard Cost?
- How to Register for Identity Guard
- Is Identity Guard Safe?
- Should You Use Identity Guard
But first, let’s take a look at what exactly Identity Guard is.
What Is Identity Guard?
Identity Guard is a specialized product for shielding individuals and families against the scourge of identity theft. It accomplishes this by monitoring and securing the use of your sensitive information online.
Identity Guard uses IBM’s Watson, a powerful AI, to automatically scan the internet 24/7/365 for signs of any suspicious activity involving your data.
Identity Guard Services
With Identity Guard, you also get:
- Social insight reports
- A personal risk management score
- Identity theft insurance
- Credit scores and reports
- Notifications of high-risk transactions
- Dark web monitoring
- And more (depending on the product plan you opt for)
How Does Identity Guard Work?
IBM’s Watson is a powerful tool that enables Identity Guard to scan through large amounts of data quickly to catch suspicious activity involving your details. You will be alerted the moment any red flags are spotted so that you can take effective, preventive measures to avert damage.
Watson’s robust scanning is combined with traditional monitoring methods to deliver more comprehensive protection against the various tactics identity thieves now use. This process includes professionals scanning and monitoring the dark web to make sure no one is trying to sell or use your personal information.
If you end up becoming a victim of identity theft, Identity Guard can help you minimize the damage and speedily recover through its easy recovery services. The company will assign you a personal case manager who will provide you with expert guidance from start to finish on how to best restore your identity.
Identity Guard also provides a comprehensive $1 million insurance policy that compensates you for your stolen funds and finances your recovery.
Get Started With Identity Guard
Identity Guard Security Features
The level of protection offered by Identity Guard depends on the plan you opt for.
The following security features are standard on all Identity Guard plans:
- $1 million insurance with stolen funds reimbursement
- A dedicated case manager
- Risk management score
- Monitoring of high-risk transactions
- Anti-phishing mobile app
- IBM Watson Artificial Intelligence (which detects personal threats)
- Mobile application for monitoring your protection
- Immediate alerts when there’s suspicious data activity
- Monitoring of personal data on the dark web
- Safe browsing extension
You can opt for either the family package or the individual package. Under either package, you get to choose the Value plan (the least expensive), the Premier plan (the most expensive), or the Total plan (mid-range price).
The plans under the family package cost more than those under the individual package because they cover more parties.
The Value Plan
It’s a suitable option for those who require extensive monitoring for identity protection. Its features include:
- Safe Browsing Tools
- Anti-Phishing Mobile App
- Dark Web Monitoring
- Risk Management Report
The Premier Plan
It offers a higher degree of identity protection by offering the features offered in the Value pack and more. This plan includes credit information safeguarding features.
- Social Insight Report
- Address Monitoring
- Monthly Credit Score
- Credit Monitoring by Equifax, TransUnion, and Experian
- Tax Refund Alerts
- Credit Score and Report
Aside from the individual and family packages, Identity Guard also offers protection for businesses and their employees. By providing its business clients with data breach readiness tools, Identity Guard gives businesses the tools they need to recover from an incident involving its employees.
Employees of a business that signs up for Identity Guard also get identity theft prevention software.
How Much Does Identity Guard Cost?
Identity Guard offers its identity theft protection services in a variety of plans, enabling customers to find one that best matches their needs and budgets easily.
Depending on if you choose to go for a family package or individual package, the prices are:
Identity Guard Individual Plan
- Value Plan costs $6.67 per month
- Premier Plan costs $16.67 per month
- Total Plan costs $13.33 per month
Identity Guard Family Plan
- Value Plan costs $10.00 per month
- Premier Plan costs $23.33 per month
- Total Plan costs $20.00 per month
If billed annually, instead of monthly, you get to save 17 percent on any plan you choose.
How to Register with Identity Guard
Registering for Identity Guard’s services is easy and can be completed in five simple steps:
- Sign up by picking a plan and providing your information.
- Set up your watchlist, which is where you state the exact personal data you’d like monitored and secured.
- The company provides you with tips on how to better protect your information and manage risks.
- Receive alerts via email or text immediately regarding any suspicious activity involving your data.
- Restore your identity with the aid of Identity Guard’s experts.
Get Started With Identity Guard
The many security features this product offers are fantastic. But our Identity Guard review revealed that it lacks certain other features that are available from competing products. For example, Identity Guard doesn’t track sex offender registries or monitor court records to catch offenders trying to use your identity to hide theirs.
Identity Guard may be lacking in certain aspects, but the services it offers it performs competently.
Is Identity Guard Safe?
Identity Guard is a safe product to use, and it’s competent at keeping you safe in the face of an identity theft attack. You will receive alerts on your mobile device as soon as Identity Guard catches anything suspicious involving your data. Notifications will be sent to indicate the use of your personal information on the dark web or the unauthorized use of your information for credit or bank transactions.
Comprehensive monitoring and security are further guaranteed thanks to IBM’s state of the art Watson AI.
Should You Use Identity Guard?
Based on our Identity Guard review, this is an excellent choice if you’d like to minimize your risk of falling victim to identity theft.
It’s easy to use, reports come in fast, and you get to pick a plan that best suits your budget and needs.
But if what you want is an identity theft product that actively helps you restore your stolen identity, then maybe this product isn’t for you.
* You will receive the latest news and updates on your favorite celebrities!